Day to day operations of the organisation are coordinated by the Strategic Director. Project teams are assembled on a project specific basis.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To develop local economic strategies for the eradication of poverty that utilize indigenous knowledge systems and demonstrate environmental ethics in practice.
- To initiate and support the process of establishing a vibrant, socially conscious, economically viable and environmentally sustainable culture.
- To address environmental challenges in order to safeguard our natural heritage as well as to ensure the prospect of a healthy tomorrow
- To build institutional capacity and empower communities with the skills, knowledge and motivation to build a sustainable future
- To educate, train, and engage the people of Southern Africa in the development of sustainable models for ecological human settlement and local economic development that facilitate the ethics of care of people and care of the Earth.
- To promote and demonstrate sustainable solutions to everyday problems that can be implemented by anyone, anywhere.
- To catalyze a transformation: from a world of scarcity, poverty and conflict, to a world of abundance, prosperity and peace.
Afristar aims to:
- Exercise precision and transparency in accountability to stakeholders
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards
- Be responsible to the communities served
- Exercise responsible resource management and mobilization
- Always act in accordance with our mission
- Conduct regular and stringent auditing and financial reporting
Let’s build a resilient society together
At Afristar, we understand the complexities of the African environment and specialise in restoration and resiliency solutions for each unique situation. We have developed cutting-edge and environmentally-focused strategies to help mitigate the effects of poor land use practice.